Have you ever woke up with dark, puffy eyes and pimple that came out of nowhere? Well, this palette can cover your hangover, your mistakes and your sins (a.k.a eating too much chocolate).
This palette has all correcting shades and highlight you need. Recently, Makeup Revolution launched Ultra Base Corrector Palette ($9) which consists of 8 creams to colour correct and balance all types of skins.
Color correctors are applied before foundation/BB cream, and because they can be really pigmented, the key here is to blend, blend and blend.
Once warmed up with fingers, the consistency of each shade becomes really creamy, almost liquid-like that makes it blendable. For the texture, it is light, so you can layer it on without looking cakey. Without setting powder over it, these creams stay around 3 hours on my oily-combination skin. I really recommend patting on powder over areas that you conceal and correct, regardless of the product.
Quick instructions on the purpose of each shade (Left to Right) :
1. Pink – Brighten the skin. I love to apply this on top of my cheekbones and under the brow, cupid bow.
2. Lavender – Neutralises yellow tone. This is meant for discolouration and uneven skin tone. Also stunning for brightening darker skin tone.
3. Green – Neutralises redness. This is perfect for acne and redness on the skin.
4. Orange – Neutralises blue tones. This is meant for dark under eyes circle, veins and bruises.
5. Peach – Helps to balance out slight discolouration. Sort of a multipurpose shade.
6. White – Adds natural highlight and brightens. It’s more of a cool-toned silver, really great on inner corner of the eyes.
7. Cream – Neutralises purple and cover dark areas.
8. Brown – Balance ashiness in medium to dark skin tones. I use this as a light contour/blush.
Overall: This affordable palette is a great starter-kit for beginners. There are many correcting creams you can play with and the light texture won’t let you go overboard with it.
Are you going to give it a go?
Thank you so much for reading 🙂 I love you XOXO